As a member of our Technical Support team you will communicate with our fans, share knowledge, research issues, and work together with other teams to improve our games. We are expanding the boundaries of how involved a role the technical support team can play in a game dev studio. Wanna join?
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
- Providing courteous, efficient and personalized customer service in English and one of the following languages: French, German, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian preferred), Russian.
- Assisting players with account, billing and security issues.
- Assisting players with in-game issues and player behavior-related issues.
- Offering technical advice in a responsible way.
- Upholding and sharing CD PROJEKT RED’s values.
- Identifying trending bugs and issues and reporting them.
- Collaborating with other teams within the company.
- Researching and obtaining solutions and information.
- Game testing.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Fluent English and one of the following languages: French, German, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian preferred), Russian.
- Good communication skills including writing (wording, layout, formality level adjustment).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Analytical thinking and pattern recognition skills.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in working with customers including shops, foodservice and customer support.
- Experience in moderating forums.
- Experience in teamwork- and progression-focused organized gaming.
WE OFFER YOU
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care & MultiSport card.
- From 20 to to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- An exciting opportunity to work with the developers of one the most acclaimed role-playing games in recent history.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our studio based in Warsaw, Poland.
Please also include the following statement with your application: „I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the ongoing and future recruiting processes, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883).”
The personal data is administered by CD Projekt S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw, ul. Jagiellońska 74. The data included in job applications shall be processed solely in connection with ongoing and future recruitment procedures and shall not be shared with any other entities. The applicants are entitled to access and modify their personal data at any time. The provision of personal data is voluntary although necessary in order to take part in the recruitment process.