We are looking for a person who is just starting their journey with IT and is eager to become a guru in this area. This person will be actively monitoring all of the services at GOG.com to assure they operate in the most efficient manner. Go ahead and read our expectations below, to find out if you’re ready to take on this challenge.
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
- Monitor GOG.com’s infrastructure and react during downtimes or performance issues.
- Provide quick & reliable technical assistance and support for incoming tickets/tasks.
- Maintain our colossal IT Infrastructure (more than 2500 virtual servers and more yet to come).
- Identify and escalate cases that require urgent attention.
- Work closely with our Administrators and Web Development team to maintain a DevOps culture that allows for a smooth development process.
- Work with High Availability and scalable systems (Loadbalancers/Database Clusters/Storages).
- Explore and potentially implement new technologies or improvements suitable for GOG.com’s infrastructure.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of Linux Debian configuration and monitoring.
- Knowledge of typical internet protocols.
- Minimal knowledge of network protocols (tcp/udp).
- Ability to write simple Bash, scripts for monitoring, or automation of tasks.
- Ability to analyze logs using awk/sed/cat.
- Basic knowledge of MySQL Database Server – simple configuration, creating/deleting databases/tables.
- Readiness to work in shifts (including weekends and night hours).
- Openness and willingness to learn.
- A friendly approach to communication as well as an eagerness to support co-workers: we’re all people here at GOG.com 🙂
- Fluent level of Polish.
- Intermediate spoken and written English allowing everyday communication.
- Knowledge of monitoring platforms.
- Experience in IT infrastructure administration.
WE OFFER YOU
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games – living & breathing them!
- A competitive salary and great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com’s net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house cantina, and other goodies are a standard.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
Information on processing of your personal data:
Your personal data controller is GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about processing of your personal data in this privacy notice.
Please include the following statement in your application: ‘I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw for the ongoing recruitment process.’