CD PROJEKT RED is looking for an experienced, talented and creative Level Designer to join our outstanding Cracow team. The person in this position will be responsible for preparing sketches and maps for mission based locations, defining asset backlogs as requests to art teams, and then constructing levels in the editor with existing meshes and tools. And if you are able to communicate with people as efficiently as you do with game editors, join us!
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
- Designing, prototyping, iterating on and polishing in-game levels, including level geometry, enemy encounters and other gameplay elements, using our proprietary level editor.
- Crafting unique spaces where gameplay flow and visual composition form memorable experiences.
- Developing and working within predefined level metrics.
- Working closely with other teams to ensure created levels contribute to and enhance the gameplay and game narrative.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Level Designer position in games.
- Experience with game editors and/or 3D packages.
- Experience working on shooters with RPG elements.
- Extensive knowledge of current tittles, specifically in the Action/RPG genre, as well as works of art, such as movies, architecture or visual arts, to be used as reference for crafting and communicating original ideas.
- Excellent understanding of level design fundamentals and the role of level design in the overall player experience.
- Ability to create map layouts on all stages – from simple drawings to fully functional levels in at least one of the existing game engines.
- Ability to use all elements of the game world, including level geometry, texturing, lighting, sound and VFX to craft unique player experiences.
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team.
- Fluent English.
WE OFFER YOU
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team
- A competitive salary and project-based bonuses.
- Private health care & MultiSport card.
- From 20 to to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- An exciting chance to work with the developers of one the most acclaimed role-playing games in recent history.
- Step by step assistance and a ‘Relocation Package’ for new staff willing to relocate to Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, for the first three months in our studio based in Warsaw and ultimately in our studio in Kraków. Include also the following statement with your application: „I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the ongoing and future recruiting processes, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883).”
The personal data is administered by CD Projekt S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw, ul. Jagiellońska 74. The data included in job applications shall be processed solely in connection with ongoing and future recruitment procedures and shall not be shared with any other entities. The applicants are entitled to access and modify their personal data at any time. The provision of personal data is voluntary although necessary in order to take part in the recruitment process.